You've completed your application, you've had the application approved by your County FA, and you're ready to get going with some football. The next step is to create the event for it so people know it's happening!
At the top of the page when logging in to the Events Platform are various tabs.
If you click the first one - ‘Events’ - you’ll see a list of events in which you’re involved in. These are the groups of sessions that you have had approved with your County FA for an FA programme. This section also shows whether your event is upcoming, in the past, or cancelled via the the three sub-tabs. As you can see below, two Wildcats events are both 'Upcoming Events'.
If you click the second tab - ‘Sessions’ - you can view all the upcoming, past and cancelled sessions within the specific event you have created them. Sessions will only appear if you have created your event, and you can create your event by selecting that very button - ‘Create Event’.
Some people may have tabs with people’s names at the top. These will be individuals linked to your FAN. For example, a coach’s daughter may have been booked onto a Wildcats Centre using the coach’s FAN. Therefore, her name will show on this account when the coach logs in. If you click on any person’s name at the top, only that person’s sessions show up.
Once you have pressed on 'Create an Event', simply fill in the details required to do so and make your sessions (see the video below for an example walk through). Remember, Wildcats has to be a minimum of 16 weeks delivery, Just Play a minimum of 32 weeks delivery, and Just Play For Students a minimum of 12 weeks delivery.
Most of the details in the create an event flow will be automatically pulled through from your original application. It's just a case of confirming and double checking most things! But, you will get to choose the times and the dates of sessions whilst ensuring the age range is appropriately selected to be the same as in your application.
To get as many people attending an event as possible, there is also a space to advertise your sessions to those who come across it on the FA website - so use your words wisely and persuasively as that will be what the interested participant reads!
KEY POINTS WHEN CREATING AN EVENT
- Common error messages that might flag up in red text mean something needs to be edited to meet certain criteria. For example, the number of spaces for your event needs to be a minimum number of 30 or 16 and any less than those won't allow you to continue. Bear in mind that once all spaces are taken up by participants, no one else can book on.
- Also, the dates in your application need to be in sync with each other or else this brings up an error message too as you essentially create an event within your application start and end dates.
- If you’re not listed as the main organiser on the application then you won’t get an option on the landing page to 'Create an Event'. If you are the organiser and you still don't get the option, or if you'd like to become the main organiser in place of someone else, just email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to get this updated.
- We recommend you only create session dates for how many sessions you plan on running or else they'll continue to advertise on theFA.com and people will be able to book on. By not creating masses of sessions straight away also allows flexibility to make changes later on because there's no 'bulk edit' button on the system, so any changes have to be made one-by-one which can be time consuming and lengthy for you.
- One-off session days can be added alongside normal weekly sessions but only on the day you specified within your application. For example, if you've opted to do a Wednesday night weekly session, you can do a one-off session only on a Wednesday (perhaps if it was school holidays or a annual celebration).
- The event fee needs to be a maximum of £3 for Wildcats but Just Play is a maximum of £5. You are able to charge more based on a few factors including venue size, covering organisational costs and facility hire, but please speak to your County FA about doing this.
- You can add in your own notes to 'sell' the session to participants, and you can message all the booked participants with any specific details required for each session, such as: "Bring sun cream and water tomorrow as it will be hot!".
- You can add in additional venues if needed, like a summer/outdoor venue or a winter/indoor venue, but this will need to done in your application first and re-submitted to your county for re-approval.
- All the listed staff members' contact details for the event will show on TheFA.com for participants to contact should they have any queries, and it can take up to 30 minutes for the event to be displayed on the FA Events Platform.